Wednesday, October 1, 2014

New Pattern: No Tricks All Treats Socks

Oh man, how long has it been since I've published a new pattern? It feels like forever (though it's only been a few months).

"Why?", you ask.

Because I've been a busy bee knitting up samples for magazines (yeah baby, I'm gonna be PUBLISHED), designing for Ewe Ewe Yarns, and generally keeping my fingers busy with lots and lots of knitting, but no new designs. Until now! With any luck, October will be a banner month and I'll get some "me" knitting done with some new designs out the door.

Today is the first step in achieving this - and what better a day to release it than the first of the month? And the first of the BEST month: October! Halloween is just around the corner and (in theory) the weather is cooling down so I can wear all the knits (though not so much here in SoCal... the Santa Ana's have arrived and its' gonna be hot, hot, HOT!).

But despite that, I wanted to share my latest creation with you: the No Tricks All Treats Socks. I absolutely love these babies. They're fun and colorful and LOOK super complicated but they're really not.

Featuring Nomadic Yarns in two colorways: "Smoke" as the base color and "The Slutty Pumpkin" both in the Trusty Sock base (75% Merino superwash, 25% nylon, 463 yds/100g) these socks show off some very  basic colorwork with sideways chevrons and a short row heel. LOOOOOOOOOVE!

I'd also like to give a major shout-out to Sheila (@knittysheshe on Instagram) who knit these lovely socks up and provided these awesome pictures. I wouldn't have made my October 1st deadline without her.

So, introducing... the No Tricks All Treats Socks!




And how about one more Treat to go with these socks? There's going to be a matching pattern released in the next two weeks that will be available for 50% off for the month of October with the purchase of these socks. Huzzah! 

Get these babies while they're hot! I can't wait to knit up my own pair so that my feet feel super Halloween-y. Hallo-weenie?! LOL. I kill me.

Knit 'em. Love 'em. Happy knitting, lovelies! 



No comments:

Post a Comment