Sunday, February 23, 2014

New Pattern: The Hubband Sock

The day has arrived... I'm finally going out on a limb and officially publishing a pattern for anyone and everyone to criticize knit and love and crave more of.

I've been struggling to find the nerve to publish a pattern for a couple of months now and figured it's time to just bite the bullet and make it happen. Whats the worst that can happen? No one knits it? Sure, that'd be pretty lame. There are errors? Bah... big deal. There's errata on some of the best pattern writers' patterns. So, mostly it was me getting in my own way.

But before I tell you more about this, I need to give a huge shout out to Heather over at Ewe Ewe Yarns. Beyond my husband, for whom these socks are named, Heather was a huge supporter of my desire to become a designer (and even proof read this pattern for me). So, go buy her yarns, her patterns, and give her all the love you've got 'cuz she deserves it.

Alright, alright... the SOCKS!

I love homemade socks and have finished 7 pairs already... this year. And through it all, my husband, Alan, who I lovingly call "Hubband", as he calls me Wif (read: "whiff", like "sniff"), has been my main supporter both emotionally and financially as I progress towards knitting Rock-dom. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she? Anyway, he's watched me fight to learn new things, cheered me on as I develop a new short row pattern (forth coming) and patiently looked at every bit of yarn I've knit up into swatches, socks, sweaters, hats, etc. The man is patient and funny and has even taken the time to put some interest into my hobby. He can differentiate a knit stitch from a purl stitch and just last night we lay on the floor for 20 minutes as I showed him how to cast on a top down, 2aat sock. Good man.

So, at the very least, he deserves a pair of socks he can wear and wash (the first pair I made him were an alpaca blend and he felted them... hilarious!).

I'm going to host this pattern on Ravelry where you can find me (SoCalMeaghan) and would love for you to knit these up. If you find errors, please let me know ASAP and I'll help you get them sorted out (but I think the pattern is error free). *fingers crossed*

Umm... yeah. Go. Get the FREE pattern. Knit them up. Tag me on Instagram with #hubbandsock and connect with me there too: @SoCalMeaghan.

You can get the pattern here: The Hubband Sock

And here's what these babies look like:





1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I put them in my favs and look forward to knitting them sometime.

    ReplyDelete