Wednesday, March 12, 2014

New Pattern: Lausox

I'm so honored and blown away at the excitement over this sock. After sharing a few pics of them on Instagram it was time to get the pattern live.

Introducing...





"Lau" is the Hawaiian word for "leaf" and since I'm making these socks for a lovely Hawaiian native it seemed appropriate.

These socks are knit from the toe up (my favorite method) and also introduces a brand new short row heel I've developed. I'm calling it The Ribbon Heel since it looks a lot like the Awareness Ribbons we see everywhere nowadays.

I think my favorite thing about these socks, beyond the custom-dyed colorway, named after the socks, by Black Market Wool, is that they're so delightfully stretchy. The pattern inadvertently creates a ribbing effect so while they're not quite one-size-fits-all they're definitely one-size-fits-MOST.

I hope you love them. It seems like the folks on Instagram do.

Oh, and guess WHAT? If you download the pattern before March 23, you'll get a discount code for 20% off your yarn purchase from Black Market Wool. WOWZERS!

Alright. Go. Knit. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment