Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Heliopath Vest KAL - Winner Announcement

WINNERS!! WINNERS!! CALLING ALL WINNERS!!!

Oh, wait.... gotta show off all the hard work first.

I know. I'm a meanie.

The past 6 weeks with you all have been amazing. Ghostfaceknitter and I have had a blast posting and knitting allllllll thoooooooooseeeeee cabbbbbbblllllles and learning so much about hosting a KAL. This was a first-time host for Bree and just my second one so it was so great to have such fabulous and talented people on board with us. MWAH!!!!

So let's do a quick recap of how much you all accomplished in 6 weeks.

First of all, you worked a super-complex swatch block complete with dropped stitches! Amazing. And then you each knit between 600 and 800 cables (depending on the size of your vest). Just let that sink in for a minute. 600 cables. Who DOES that? You do, baby!!!!

And in 6 weeks you made a really lovely garment, some of you for the first time, that fits and looks amazing. I am so freaking excited for all of us. Look, just look at this talent!!!!





@rijelviolet




I think what astounds me the most is that everyone that is wearing theirs has one that fits beautifully. That means everyone knit a successful gauge swatch. I'm SO PUMPED for everyone. I feel like no matter how large I type, my excitement isn't going to come through very well. But anyway - YAY US!

Ok, ok, I'll tell you who the winners are and what prizes they get now. 'Cuz lets' face it, that's why you're all here. The best part of this? It was even a surprise for me. Bree and her adorbs cat, Boris, pulled the names out of his magic hat and I just got an email. I loved reading who got what. So, without further ado...

Alphabetically:
  • @bcrlmom wins the Ewe Ewe Yarns Wooly Worsted/Pattern bundle
    • Please contact me directly with your mailing address so I can ship it to you
  • @kialtho wins the Black Market Wool "Just. Perfect" skein
    • Same as above - I have it in my office just waiting to be shipped out
  • @rijelviolet wins the 4-pack of Madelinetosh Pashmina Worsted donated by @justrunknit
    • Rijel - I'll start a convo with Megan and include you so she can ship you the yarn (you lucky dog)
  • @seaandlake wins a pattern of her choosing from the lovely Emma Welford who designed this vest
    • Alicia - if you'll select the pattern you'd like and let me know I'll have Emma send it to you directly 
Now with that said, only 6 of you finished your vests and submitted them for the prizes. So, because Ghostfaceknitter and I can't let you walk away empty handed she's going to pop a little something special in the mail to you. So, if @kenzie_emery and @thecraftydarling can please contact her directly through IG or to get her your mailing address, that'd be awesome. 

Thank you all SO MUCH for playing and knitting along with us. I hope you truly enjoyed your time with Bree and me. I'm hosting my next knit along on May 1st - it's a sock Mystery KAL and will, of course, have more prizes from unbelievably gifted and generous folks from Instagram. And it sounds like Bree is going to be hosting her own KAL this summer so please keep your eyes open for that. I'll be knitting along with that one fo' sho'! She and I will likely also be teaming up for another KAL in the fall - something to keep us warm as the winter weather creeps in... which I feel guilty even mentioning given how badly some folks have been hit with the cold this year.

Hugs and love to you all. I can't wait to knit with you all again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment