Thursday, April 3, 2014

Turn It Up To 11 - Kit Details

Alright folks... I now have the luscious yarns in my excited little hands. I've fondled every skein to ensure maximum awesome-ness and desired-ness. I predict these skeins won't last long so let's set the official details, shall we?

**Please note: buying a kit is not a requirement of participating in this MKAL. Any sock yarn will do. You'll be able to purchase the individual pattern on April 22nd and follow along just the same as those who get kits. Sorry for the confusion on this. **

The kit buying option will go live at 8am PST on Tuesday, April 8th. There will be a contact form with a link to it right here on the front page of the blog. So I highly recommend you set your alarm clocks for that day since we have a limited supply for this first MKAL.

How the kit buying will work is:

  1. Come here to the blog at 8am PST on Tuesday, April 8th and click the link that will take you to the form
  2. Enter all your details INTO THE FORM (not in the comments here or on Instagram or on Ravelry) including your billing email address AND mailing address. 
  3. In the form, RANK the skeins in order of your preference. This is a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED kit buying plan so if you are one of the first 12 people to get your name in, you will get a skein along with a download key for the pattern (which will be available on April 22nd) as well as a set of 5 stitch markers (all lovingly put into collections by my adorable Hubby).
  4. Submit the form.
  5. Wait for a confirmation email which will come directly to me. I will email you back as quickly as possible to let you know whether you will or will not get a skein (i.e.: if there are any left). Once the kits are sold out I will be removing the link from the front page of the site. 
  6. I will then send a PayPal invoice for you to pay to secure your skein. Any kits not claimed by 9pm PST on Tuesday, April 8th will go back up for sale on the 9th at 8am PST. 
  7. The kits will ship on Tuesday, April 15th and should be to you within a few days. There will be tracking numbers for all orders shipped in the US.
I hate to sound like a rule stickler here but there seems to be a lot of demand and I need to make sure that it's fair for everyone. So please be prepared. And if you don't get one, I'll be sure to order more skeins for the next KAL... which is TBD but I'm sure it'll happen before too long. 

Ok, so a little more info: I have 12 skeins... 13 if you include the one I purchased for myself. And if, for some reason, one of these colorways doesn't have the interest I think it might (i.e.: one colorway is the last pick for everyone in the rankings) and the one I purchased for myself is more popular, then I'll sell that one and keep the last one for myself. 


Why?

Because every. frickin'. skein. is. amazeballs.

Wanna see 'em?

Yeah you do!!!

Please allow me to introduce you to the Turn It Up To 11 MKAL EXCLUSIVE colorways from Black Market Wool:

"Sensible Heart" 

(yes, she is THAT bright - it's amazing)

"Carey"

I love me some Joni Mitchell

"Tweeter and the Monkey Man"

From my all time favorite band The Headstones. You're welcome for introducing you to them. 

"Knit Me Up, Buttercup"

I want to lick this yarn. Or bake with it. It's a beautiful butter yellow... hence the name.


And last but not least!!! We have our prize skein. Introducing...

Barbie Girl!!!!

This lucky lady will be going to one of our 4 lucky winners at the completion of this MKAL.

Ok, where was I again? I got lost in this yarny goodness. I can't stop squeezing them. I hope you're as excited I am. 

So, 8am PST on Tuesday, April 8th. Be here. Until then, if you have any questions please, please, please ask them now, either here or in the Ravelry group. I can't wait to knit along with all of you! 

MWAH!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, no darker colours :(
    I always get dark coloured soles from standing on goodness knows what, it'll make this yarn look sad.
    Suppose I'd better go stash diving, good luck everyone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I have somehow magically aquired something like 20 plus skeins of sock yarn and have only knit one sock...I am thinking I should show some restraint and use a stash yarn. =) I am excited for the KAL!

    ReplyDelete